>

Misunderstood

"She's not crazy just a little misunderstood."-BTE

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

So let me set the scene for you: my co-worker's bachelorette party on Saturday night; we're hanging out at the Slippery Noodle having some drinks.

Sara and I have struck up a fairly lengthy conversation with two firefighters we've met. My conversation with Firefighter #1 has basically consisted of the two of us talking about our relationships, getting married too early (him, not me!), children, and the challenges of meeting people in bars. Sara is talking to Firefighter #2...about what, I have no idea. I do remember butting into their conversation at one point when they started talking about the Indy 500.

Anyway, the bachelorette party eventually dissipates, the firefighters call it a night because they're 39 and 40 years old respectively and just tired, and leaves myself and Sara sitting at the bar finishing up our drinks and waiting on our ride home (love you, Bob).

Two guys on my right are also sitting at the bar, both being clearly young and one being clearly wasted. The wasted one drunkenly comments on a painting that is hanging on the bar wall, asking me if the person in the painting is a man or a woman. (In his very minuscule defense, the person in the painting was sort of androgynous-looking. But certainly not the best opening line to hit on a woman with.) I smile politely and do my best to acknowledge the fact that he's trying to converse (so it would seem) with me, but at the same time trying not to show too much interest because, well, let's face it, I wasn't interested in talking to this douche.

Anyhoo, even after I acknowledge his question...even after the bartender acknowledges his question...even after Sara acknowledges his question, he continues to repeat his question (very drunkenly, mind you) and not quite seem to get it that everyone else has moved on.

At this point in time, I have turned my body away from him and am facing Sara, in order to drive my disinterest in him and his drunk rants home. After still not getting it, his friend finally turns to him and says "Dude, it was over like, 10 minutes ago." For whatever reason, I found that to be the funniest shit ever. Pure gold.

So gentlemen, let this be a lesson to learn from. Unless of course, you're a firefighter :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home