>

Misunderstood

"She's not crazy just a little misunderstood."-BTE

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Ok, maybe I missed the memo, but since when is wicker furniture (both indoor and outdoor) ever a good idea?? Various retailers, especially Pier 1, have been featuring wicker and similarly constructed chairs, tables, nightstands, dressers, armoires, etc. for the last 5 months. Again, I ask WHY? Wicker represents three things to me: A) cheap, 2) ugly, and 3) wood shouldn't be able to be permeated by wind. Ick!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    I don't know where you've been, but Pier 1 basically built their entire empire around wicker furniture.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Maryann said…

    Well, I hope Pier 1 didn't also build their empire *out of* wicker, because it will probably collapse in a week.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    True. I believe the life expectancy of your average wicker chair is about 45 minutes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home