>

Misunderstood

"She's not crazy just a little misunderstood."-BTE

Thursday, November 24, 2005

With the presence of Thanksgiving here (my favorite holiday), I thought it would be nice to look past the food, the days off work, and the food in order to take a moment and think about what I'm thankful for. I am thankful for the following:

-my boyfriend-- He has always been there for me when I've needed him. He loves me despite my shortcomings and is all around the best.

-my family-- Within the last year, I've acquired two nephews and I love them more than anything. They are the best little boys, and I can't wait to have fun with them as they get older. My parents continue to provide support to me and, on occasion, money. They do a lot for myself as well as my siblings and it's important for me to remember that on a daily basis.

-my friends-- All of my friends give me different things that make up a fulfilling existence for me.

-my cats-- I know it seems silly to have so much emotion invested into an animal, but I do anyway. I love my cats and they love me.

-my freedom-- It's usually only when I observe certain situations in the world (i.e. Katrina, Communism, the war in Iraq, 9/11, etc.) that I stop and realize that my life is one of prosperity, rights, and security. As much as I bitch about everyday hassles and disgruntlement, I have a fucking fabulous life when I look at how some of the rest of the world has it. And that's enough to shut me up when I'm complaining about how I don't have enough money to buy the 2nd season of 'Curb your Enthusiasm.' But you know me....I'll still complain :P

So those are just a few things that I am thankful for that don't involve Marc Jacobs or cell phones (though I am thankful for those as well).

What are you thankful for?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Every day that goes by without my waking up at the business end of a stun gun.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Maryann said…

    ARE YOU DONE???? I may have to stun your ass just to get you to trust me with the stun gun......wait, that doesn't make sense.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm thankful for moving back to Indy.

    I forgot how much I needed you guys in my life to be *really* happy. I was drowning in Bloomington and I didn't even know it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home